Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Big Switcharoo and Other Happenings

There have been big happenings these days!  Nathan officially moved out of his room into the guest room.  He's got a big new bed as we're keeping the guest bed in there for visitors (hint, hint!), and more play space.  He's spent about as many nights on the floor in his tent as in the big bed.



Julia has moved out of the guest room into Nathan's old room and also out of her bassinet!  The transition to crib sleeping has been seamless, much to our delight.  She's doing quite well at night, knock on wood.


This girl has started daycare 3 days a week, with two weeks under our belts.  After Julia and I both put a lot of effort into learning how to nurse in the early days, she gave everyone a run for their money in bottle rejection her first few days away from me.  She had been taking bottles before this!  About 5 types of bottles later, she has decided that the Nuk bottle is acceptable and is doing fine now.  Her caregivers have remarked that she seems settled and happy most of the time, and I have to agree that she is her usual self when I pick her up.  These special days of time with both kids are hard to give up, but it's good for me to be back at work, too.  I *think* I am actually looking forward to the semester starting up.


Serious about tummy time.  So much to see and do!


On a couple of our "home" days, we have been berry picking.  Daddy joined us on the latest adventure which included both blackberries and raspberries.  Nathan probably ate as many as he put in the container.  Check out the size of those blackberries!  They are amazing!




No comments: