

Monday Nathan turned 2 months old. On the one hand, I can't believe it's been two months. It seems like last week I was madly running around the grocery store after my last prenatal appointment knowing that he would be born that day or at a maximum five days later and trying to stock up our cupboards. Yet I can't quite remember being able to sleep uninterrupted. Our life has changed so much. But mostly, Nathan has changed so much and we've all come a long way. He's a sweet little guy. Here are some milestones:
3/7/07: 9lbs 15oz, 22 inches
5/7/07: 13 lbs even and 24 inches
In the beginning, Nathan wouldn't breastfeed and now he's been feeding like a champ for 8 weeks. Chris and I were nervous about bathing him, squeamish about diaper changes, and lying awake listening to him make his noises while he slept. Well, we're used to diaper "incidents" and bathing can be done by one of us alone, and we are able to ignore the little noises at night (and finding it harder to jump up once he's really ready for some attention).
We've dealt with some real fussiness, and a boy stingy with his smiles. But lately Nathan has been doing better with sleeping and having more awake and happy times. Therefore I am having more asleep and happy times. Seriously, it makes a whole big difference to my day when Nathan is happy for at least a little while. I am nearly manic today because he's been so amazingly congenial and really, truly happy. It's very warm here, over 80 degrees, and Nathan discovered the sheer joy of a ceiling fan. He spent a long time smiling and cooing up at it, almost laughing even. I tried to capture it by camera but the pictures didn't turn out very well because he was waving his arms and legs like a joyful boy.

Here he is on my lap after a feeding, looking slightly drunk from the milk but happy. This is the time I often get the best smiles.
1 comment:
Hey there- I'm glad to see that things are going better! He's such a cute little guy.
Post a Comment