Okay you got me, I'd never tell Nathan not to smile these days. There are other possible post titles like "You'd think I'd have learned by now" or "Maybe working won't be so bad after all" or "Caution: Baby Boy Undiapered". Now you know what I'm writing about. I was sprayed three times during Nathan's bath. You'd think I'd have taken appropriate steps to prevent it at least after the first time but no. Then a diaper change this afternoon featured another 3 sprayings for an all-time record for today, both for the sprayings and the number of diapers misused. I laughed a little after the second time that really got me, and belly-laughed after the third time which demanded an all-out change of Nathan, me, the changing table and a floor cleanup. I finished these tasks and took this picture to show off the boy.

Then I had to laugh again because right after that picture was taken, Nathan made it clear he needed another new diaper and quickly at that or we'd have a laundry adventure ahead. Lovely. But isn't he sort of cute?

I meant to post today about my first Mother's Day. It was great. We spent it at our new house (much more on this soon; the picture below is in the empty dining room). I still am bewildered that I am actually a mom. That sounds way too grown up to be me, and it's a ton of work and worry and sometimes frustration. This small boy is such a joy, though. I am very lucky to be his mom.

PS- Make that an UNLUCKY SEVEN tonight!!! Chris took the hit this time...
1 comment:
Haha, that's really funny - Nathan's playing dirty. Nice shots, boy!
Post a Comment